Support Our Seniors!
Give back to Little Tokyo’s most treasured population
For over 40 years, Little Tokyo Senior Nutrition Services (SNS) has been providing hot, nutritious meals in Little Tokyo, Los Angeles to support local senior citizens. Today, a vast majority of the total population in Little Tokyo continues to be seniors over the age of 65 years, making up just over 25%.
Little Tokyo Senior Nutrition Services has expanded its resources for seniors to include:
- Providing over 500 meals per week at their lunch site conveniently located next to the Little Tokyo Towers senior, affordable living facility
- 80 home-delivered meals per week to immobilized seniors in the area
- Social services, information, and referrals
- Transportation to nearby doctors and health specialists
- Educational lectures, social and celebratory events and gatherings to promote and stimulate participant well-being
This holiday season, the Little Tokyo Community Council (LTCC), a community coalition of businesses, residents, cultural, community, and religious institutions, and other vested stakeholders in the Little Tokyo community would like your help to give back to Little Tokyo’s most treasured population. Little Tokyo’s thriving, multigenerational community makes this neighborhood a unique, enjoyable place to experience art, culture, and history. Help support a long-standing organization that provides affordable hot meals to our seniors.
published on November 9, 2017